Jobs @ SAMIMA
Samima Sdn. Bhd., the prominent bookstore in the nation is providing complete office and school supplies to retail customer as well as delivering to various government departments, schools and private companies in Brunei Darussalam.
Established in 1986, Samima Sdn. Bhd. is constantly looking to expand further its operations in Brunei and this requires additional manpower in order to better serve our customers. Therefore, our vacancies are open throughout the year for Shop Assistant & Cashier for our retail division and Sales Representative for our Wholesale division.
Shop Assistant (Various positions at each branches)
- Salary $280 - $500 based on experience and working hours
- Undertake daily delivery work as instructed by the management and branch supervisor.
- Have high memory and able to act fast whenever required to handle large crowd.
- Collects payments by accepting cash, check, credit card, coupons from customers; making change for cash customers.
- Itemizes and totals purchases by ensuring price, item code and quantity; operating a cash register.
- Enters price changes by referring to price sheets and special sale bulletins.
- Discounts purchases by redeeming coupons. Record them properly in the system.
- Verifies credit acceptance by reviewing and recording invoice number; operating credit card authorization system.
- Balances cash drawer by counting cash at beginning and end of work shift.
- Provides pricing information by answering questions.
- Maintains checkout operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assisting customers in the selection and purchase of items.
- Ensuring that the shop counter is always manned.
- When required wrapping up purchased items for customers.
- Following policies & procedures relating to stock handling.
- Keeping merchandise orderly and neat in appearance.
- Handling customers complaints in a professional and diplomatic way.
- Keeping the shop floor clean and tidy at all times.
- Setting up promotional displays and organising promotional events.
- Promoting the shop and its products at every opportunity.
- Highlighting special promotions to customers.
- Restocking the sales areas.
- Giving expert advice to customers regarding products.
- Cleaning the shop, hovering, polishing etc.
- Position based at Kiulap, Rimba & Mentiri
- Must work for at least 3 months or above.
- Having own car and valid Brunei driving licence is an added advantage.
- Only Locals, PR & ASEAN citizens who can speak and write excellently in Malay need to apply.
In order to apply for the above position, visit http://www.jobcentrebrunei.gov.bn, under ‘Search Job’ look for search bar and type ‘Samima’ and apply to the relevant job and branch you want to work.
Kindly note that you need to be registered under Job Centre Brunei to apply for the job. However, if you are not PR or citizen of Brunei, then send an email with subject title "Foreigner applying for ............." with relevant position applying for, to email@example.com or send it to No.15, Ground & 1st Floor, Bangunan Dato Hj Md Yusof, Kampung Kiulap BE1518, Brunei with the following:
- Position applying for
- Date of Availability
- Previous or Current Salary (from ex-company)
- Expected Salary
- Recent photograph
- Passport Copy
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Bio-Data)
Only shortlisted candidate will be notified. If you do not get a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful.